If you aren’t excited about having a “mere” 450HP in your 2014 Corvette Stingray, fear not. Hennessey Performance is ready to unleash road fury with a $70K modification package that will boost the horse to over 1000.
Excitement over the revved up hot rod was high before Hennessey decided to throw their technology into the mix. This wasn’t surprising since they’ve already modified Corvettes, Camaros, and Cadillacs in the recent past.
According to Ed Bozarth, a Denver Chevrolet Dealer, there will be other options available for those looking at the more affordable 800HP, 700HP, and 600HP modifications. The four-digit mods will include:
- Twin Turbochargers
- High-Flow Cylinder Heads
- An Intercooler
- Custom Cat-Back Exhaust System
These plus other minor additions are enough to make it the fastest car you’re likely ever going to see.
Here’s a video from Chevrolet revealing the unmodified Stingray last month:
- Hennessey Performance Engineering plans a 1,000 hp Corvette Stingray (digitaltrends.com)
- Hennessey Planning 1,000 HP Corvette Stingray (autoevolution.com)
- The newly-revealed Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) (icanhasinternets.com)
- Beauty in Tech: The 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray (techvert.com)
- Official: C7 Corvette turbo with 1,000 horsepower promised from Hennessey (autoblog.com)
* * *